Perform the following, easy steps to configure TextPad correctly for Syntax Highlighting
- Download and install TextPad
- Download the .syn file (right-click - save as) and save it into the /TextPad/Samples/... folder
- Start TextPad, press "Configure", and "Preferences"
- Open "Document Classes" section
- Create new defined class and name it "MatCalc" and press apply. Note: It is only possible to create a new class, if no document is opened. Go ahead an close all active documents, if you cannot create a new class.
- Open the "MatCalc" subsection on the left side and attach "*.mcs" to the class
- Apply again.
- Expand the MatCalc section on the left side.
- Choose "Syntax". Check the "Enable syntax highlighting" box, and choose the downloaded MatCalc.syn as the syntax file.
- Add following characters to the "Other characters in words:" dialog: $_#*-°
- Press OK.
- Navigate back to the MatCalc section of the Document Classes, and select 'Colors'. Choose a red foreground color for Keywords 3 (Loops & Conditions), and a light green one for Keywords 4 (@).
- TextPad has been configured correctly to highlight MatCalc commands. Try it out now :-)